|EXP/CP at level 1*:||3|
|Health at level 1*:||50 (3 hits in co-ops*)|
|Attack at level 1*:||8|
Copper Ore (common)
Stiltskin Pelt (quest)
|XP per Health:||0.06|
Stiltskins are so called because of their long, stilt-like legs. They don't stop moving, but do not actively attack the player. There is an occasional glitch where the Stiltskin will walk through the player without causing damage.
Tips & AttacksEdit
- Stiltskins only hurt you if you run into them, so if you can avoid that, you should be fine.
- Hitting a Stiltskin will give you a short period of time to run through it unharmed.
Due to the constant movement of a Stiltskin on the ground, it's easiest to take advantage of the fact that Mimics are rendered harmless for a time after they're hit. If the Stiltskin is moving towards you, shoot it, let it pass through you, and follow it, shooting from behind.
Stay behind it hitting it, if it hits a wall and changes direction, jump over it and continue. Also, if you have a low roof like the trophy farming room, you can hang from the entrance roof and swipe at them to avoid damage, hit them as they walk towards you and hit them again once they pass under you again. In co-op you can actually dive bomb them and move away a majority of the time. If you time your attacks correctly and attack when the stiltskin is right in front of you, they will become invulnerable as they walk over you and cause no damage.
Stand in front of a Stiltskin and hit it. When it gets close, either jump over it or move back and repeat. When trapped in a narrow corridor with one, swing into it.
From Mimics of Steamport City: Stiltskin:
- This oblivious Mimic paces back and forth. Sometimes it's seen frantically running for no reason.
First Encounter: West End Ruins
- In the Sidequest Stiltskin Pelter (LW0001), the player must collect 20 Stiltskin Pelts for Lana.
- In the Mimicology Quest Stiltskin Study (CY0054), the player must collect 50 Stiltskin Pelts for Cypress. Only normal Stiltskins, not Stiltskin Runners, drop Pelts during this quest, .
- In the Extermination Quest Stiltskin Extermination (AS0002), the player must kill 50 Stiltskins per day for three days for Admiral Stanton.
- In the Extermination Quest Enraged Stiltskins (AS0032), the player must kill 100 Enraged Stiltskins per day for three days for Admiral Stanton.
Each route kills 3 Stiltskins and 2 Stiltskin Runners. Kill 10 mimics after the Stiltskins to respawn.
Factory Mid Checkpoint: Go left for 2 Stiltskins and 2 Stiltskin Runners. Go (up and right) for 1 Stiltskin. Go up to kill more mimics to respawn.
Sewer Entrance Checkpoint: Go right, (down and) left, left, left. Kill 2 Stiltskins and 2 Stiltskin Runners. Go left, up, (left and) down to find one Stiltskin and enough mimics to renew the route.