|EXP/CP at level 1*:||1|
|Health at level 1*:||15|
|Attack at level 1*:||8|
Compost Scraps (common)
Sewer Pipe (quest)
Factory Chain (quest)
Slugrat Fringe (quest)
|XP per Health:||0.067|
Slugrats travel along any surface including floors, walls, ceilings, and platforms, among others. If it reaches a room entrance, it will turn around and head in the opposite direction.
Tips & AttacksEdit
The attack that you are going to use the most on these creatures is your Steamthrower. First off, if it is on crawling on the ground near you, you will want to use your low attack (down+S). If you happen to run into one crawling on a wall, you will have to fly up and steam it down. Lastly, if it is on the ceiling, you will want to use your raised attack (up+S).
By the time you encounter them, you should be able to kill them in one hit. An upward slash from below, or a crouching strike will do the trick. Or you can get fancy and Divebomb them.
Either crouch-attack or downward swipe Slugrats. Swinging into them may miss. In some situations you may need to use your upward grapple if they are too high up (be warned this sometimes fails to damage them, and causes you to take damage from the contact instead).
From Mimics of Steamport City: Slugrat:
- This rat-like Mimic secretes a slime that allows it to crawl up walls, across floors, and along ceilings
First Encounter: Steamport Sewers
- In the Sidequest Sewer Recycling (WY0002), the player must collect 20 Sewer Pipes dropped by Slugrats during this quest. Extra Slugrats and a high drop rate make collection easy.
- During the Sidequest Chain Repairs (WY0005), the player has to kill 10 Slugrats and 10 Snakehoppers in the Gearlock Factory to collect 20 Factory Chains for Wystan.
- The Mimicology Quest Slugrat Study (CY0008) requires the collection of 40 Slugrat Fringes that are dropped by Slugrats during this quest.
- In the Extermination Quest Slugrat Extermination (AS0008), the player must kill 50 Slugrats per day for three days for Admiral Stanton.
- In the Extermination Quest Enraged Slugrats (AS0037), the player must kill 100 Enraged Slugrats per day for three days for Admiral Stanton.
The best place to farm Slugrats is marked on the map with red. A secondary location is the tall narrow room shortly before the final boss. This location is advantageous if you intend to also farm Rockbugs and/or Pidgeflies. The room four rooms to the right of the Sewer Entrance Checkpoint has 5 Slugrats and 2 Rockbugs in it, is also good area to farm the trophies for both of these mimics.
Another great route for trophy farming is to go from the Guardian checkpoint in the sewers to the sewer entrance checkpoint, then checkpoint jump back to the guardian point. On this route, you can farm 11 Slugrats and a variety of other mimics in eight rooms, in around two or three minutes a run.