- Brief: Collect 30 Jellywog Tendrils for Cypress
- From: Cypress
- Location: Hatchwood Wilds
- Prerequisites: CY0043 completed, 1 Jellywog killed.
- NPC: Have you ever wondered about those tendrils dangling from a Jellywog's head? They sway back and forth when they're floating, and hang down like hair when they're sitting. I'd like to find out if these tendrils serve any purpose, so do you have the time to help out?
That's what I like to hear! The tendrils are likely to be left behind when the Jellywog combusts. Try to collect 30 of these, and let me know when you've found enough!
- Reward: A New Sprocket (Mimics of Hatchwood Wilds: Jellywog), 30 XP
Good to see you again, [player name]. I've been studying these Jellywog tendrils, and according to my research there were once creatures in the ocean with a bulbous head and long dangling tentacles. to be honest, the creatures may have survived deep below the surface, but the low-lying oceans have been covered in a blanket of haze for over a century, so it's hard to say.
These ancient creatures could sting their prey with thair tentacles, though these Jellwog tendrils don't seem to serve that purpose. It's possible that these tendrils were stingers early in the Jellywog's evolution, but over time thay adapted in different ways and didn't carry out that function.
I haven't found any records of these sea creatures inflating their heads to glide out of the water, so I'm fairly certain that's a new Mimic development. As always, these Mimics have strange adaptions.
|Previous Mimicology | Back to Table | Next Mimicology|