100% of this article is only for Nidarian Guards.
|EXP/CP at level 1*:||6|
|Health at level 1*:||250|
|Attack at level 1*:||?|
Cinder Steed Muzzle (quest)
|Notes:||Spews an arc of fire causing the Burned Status Effect|
|XP per Health:||0.024|
Cinder Steeds are horse-like Mimics which closely resemble Pale Steeds and only appear during the Daily Quest "Cinder Steed Sightings!" (CY0003) and Mimicology Quest "Cinder Steed Study" (CY0028), both given by Cypress. They spew a rising and falling arc of fire in the same pattern as the Haze emitted by the Pale Steed, which causes the Burned Status Effect when it hits.
Cinder Steeds blow fire in a fairly large area when they detect you. If you sneak up behind them you can hit them and jump away before they can hit you with their fire.
Just swing at his back from the sides, and he will look the way you were earlier and spew breath that way. You will already be on the opposite side and have another shot at his back. Repeat this until he dies. Another way would be to hit him, get out of his range until his attack ends, repeat.
The steam out-ranges the fire, so hit from afar.
- If you use your roll attack you will bounce just on the edge of their attack range. If you time hitting them with the roll and then stepping away from them, you can easily take them down without being hit.
- An other method that doesn't work everywhere. Hit it in the back, then quickly tumble roll trough it, and hit it in the back again, quickly roll, repeat.
From Rare Mimics: Cinder Steed:
- This fiery relative of the Pale Steed has a muzzle that emits large flames, burning anyone in its path.
First Encounter: Mimicology Duty
Quest Relevance Edit
- In the Daily Quest "Cinder Steed Sightings!" (CY0003) assigned by Cypress, the player must kill 12, 15, or 20 Cinder Steeds in Camp Calluna, Copperstone Mine, Steamport Sewers, or Thicket Woods.
- The player must obtain 25 Cinder Steed Muzzles during the Mimicology Quest "Cinder Steed Study" (CY0028 and return them to Cypress. During this quest, 25 Cinder Steeds will appear throughout Steamport City.
Trophy Farming EditStart the quest, kill all of those, abandon the quest and do again, repeat.
You can also just wait a few days and you will get to do the quest from Cypress again.